piątek, 3 marca 2017

Wieści z Instagramu: KPH, Alan Cumming, Robert Biedroń, Blake Skjellerup, Cheyenne Jackson ...

Post udostępniony przez Cheyenne Jackson (@mrcheyennejackson)

Post udostępniony przez Dustin Lance Black (@dlanceblack)
Post udostępniony przez Blake Skjellerup (@blakeskjellerup)
Antarctica: Dispatches From The Other Side – For Queens and Countries. Can I do it? Can I actually do it? I’m not exactly shy, but it’s a BIG statement. However, it is a perfect Austral Summer day; a warm southern sun shines down on impossibly beautiful landscape and after two days of wind and weather confined us to the ship, today seems like THE DAY. I step foot on the continent and, unlike some of my @oceanwideexp who pause to take in this spiritual moment of arrival on the 7th continent, I march ahead, a man on a mission. I scurry across the icy beach, past squawking Adelie penguins and indifferent, farting Weddell seals splayed out in the summer sun, in seemingly seafood comas. I’m nervous at the mission I’ve chosen to accept and make in front all my fellow expeditioners. No one has asked and I haven’t offered, but the weather is beautiful. The day is perfect. I continue determinedly up the hill, in order to be the first to scale the rocky summit and complete my task without interference from crewman or shipmate. I quickly find a worthy view and with shaking hands whip out my tripod, fumble to quickly set up my camera, and turn on the time delay. I have 30 seconds. I take a deep breath and with a literal race against the clock to scramble down craggily rocks, sprint the black beach below and back up a steep climb on the other side, careful not to fall and end my journey before it’s begun. I crest the summit, stand tall and proudly raise the rainbow flag high above Terra Nova Bay in the Ross Sea and declare Antarctica a hate-free continent, for ALL Queens and Counties.
Post udostępniony przez Mark Vogler (@markvogler)
Post udostępniony przez thegailygrind (@the.gaily.grind)
Post udostępniony przez Rick and Griff Twombley-King (@rick_and_the_griffopotamus)


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz