sobota, 13 października 2018

Wieści z Instagramu: Gays With Kids, Neil Patrick Harris, Jakub i Dawid, Matthew Shepard, Eric Radford, Love is Love ...

Wyświetl ten post na Instagramie.
One more story from gay dad @mandergramm in honor of National Coming Out Day yesterday 🌈: . "1995 was a big year. It started out with me living and working at my brother-in-law's upstate NY garden center after I dropped out of college. I was extremely depressed. I had left all of my friends behind who I thought wouldn't accept the secret truth of who I was, but had no idea how to meet new friends who would. • I had a choice. I could stay in this prison and wither, or I could somehow find the strength to survive. And luckily I did. In February I cut off my hair (except for one braid, I'll blame it on the 90s) and I chose to live. I shared my truth with some new friends I had made, then my sister and brother-in-law who were very supportive. The weight of the world was lifted. • In April I met my first boyfriend while out one night at a local college (with the help of some liquid courage) and fell madly in love. In May I came out to my parents in an empty, too-quiet Chinese restaurant. Then after my own version of a "Call Me By Your Name" summer I followed my boyfriend who was moving to NYC and got my heart broken soon after I got there. • But it got me there. And I wouldn't be where I am today without any of it. I am incredibly grateful for my journey and wouldn't change a thing. I'm lucky to be who I am and so lucky for all I have. And it really does get so much better. Happy #NationalComingOutDay. #LiveYourTruth"
Post udostępniony przez Gays With Kids (@gays_with_kids)
Wyświetl ten post na Instagramie.
Dads share their coming out stories in honor of #NationalComingOutDay 🌈: • “I was a nerd and a goody two shoes growing up. That provided good cover to my sexuality all through junior high and high school even though I knew who I was. I basically used academics as my closet. • That lasted well into my mid twenties until I finally decided I was missing out on so much in life and I should start exploring. Soon after, I came out. • I remember that my sister basically pushed me out. She was upstairs in her room, my mom was downstairs in the living room, and I was on the landing of the staircase between floors. My sister was yelling down to her that I didn’t want to go on dates with girls because I’m gay and my mom yelling up to her that that couldn’t be true. A few minutes of this closet case yelling ping pong match went by and I fessed up to my mom. And I haven’t looked back since. • Thankfully my family was very embracing and it was a safe environment to be myself.”
Post udostępniony przez Gays With Kids (@gays_with_kids)
Wyświetl ten post na Instagramie.
Dads share their coming out stories in honor of #NationalComingOutDay.🌈 • From @skilikeadad: ”I was lucky to grow up in a very welcoming household and liberal area (San Francisco Bay). I was out to my family and my friends by the time I was 13. Everyone from my water polo team to my close friends to my high school classmates were very supportive. • When I joined the military in college, because of Don't Ask Don't Tell – I felt pressure to hide who I was again. Although I loved my job, I always kept a distance from my fellow service members fearing I could be kicked out. I left active duty a couple years later and gradually came out again. • Today, I'm married and have a 3 year old daughter. Post Don't Ask Don't Tell, I'm still a reservist and just finished serving at a navy expeditionary combat command that has been very supportive of me and my family. I was just selected for Commander and I'm happy to still be serving my country."
Post udostępniony przez Gays With Kids (@gays_with_kids)
Wyświetl ten post na Instagramie.
Dads share their coming out stories in honor of #NationalComingOutDay. 🌈 • From @ryansiroisheller: “Well I can’t say it was necessarily a shock to anyone when I came out. I think there were neon signs from an early age. That said, my sexuality was no longer a secret when I was 16 years old, which was in 2000. • I wish it were a more polished story, but truth be told at that age I was not only experimenting sexually quite a bit, but also with drugs. The two went hand in hand as I was dealing with a lot at that time, so I found comfort in rebellion. • My sophomore year of high school I had a party at the house while my parents were out of town. My cousin was at the party and saw me making out with a guy. The next morning when my parents realized the house was trashed, they pressed my cousin for information and he told them everything — about the drugs, about my sexuality. • So needless to say my parents took a huge blow and found out a lot of things about me all at once. My “coming out” was stained with drugs, sex and lies. • In regards to my sexuality, my mom took it best — especially because she already knew for quite some time upon her own suspicions. • My family in general was also OK. My father had a harder time and I remember distinctly him sitting across from me saying that he accepts me as his son but not my “lifestyle”. Meaning my sexuality. He and I had a very rocky few years, but have an amazing relationship now. • After I came out, I became more promiscuous and fell into drug addiction. Although I was out, I never accepted my sexuality myself. I wanted everyone else to accept me but I was filled with so much shame about it that I didn’t accept myself. • So for many years I struggled with addiction, sexuality, relationships. It took a long time to realize that it was me who didn’t love and accept me. But today, with years of recovery and spiritual work, I’ve come to a much more forgiving and accepting place of myself and others. But it takes work and coming out is no one size fits all. And in my experience it’s not a one time admission — it was a journey of acceptance. One that i still walk and am happy to share with others.”
Post udostępniony przez Gays With Kids (@gays_with_kids)


Wyświetl ten post na Instagramie.
Lambda Warszawa: 20 lat temu Matthew Shepard, 21-latek z Laramie, Wyoming, został przywiązany do płotu, pobity kolbą pistoletu i pozostawiony na śmierć. Znaleziono go, nieprzytomnego, dopiero 18 godzin później. Zmarł w szpitalu 12 października 1998 r., nie odzyskawszy przytomności. Motywacją zabójstwa była nienawiść: Matthew był gejem. Śmierć Matthew wywołała oburzenie i przyczyniła się do wprowadzenia federalnych przepisów o przestępstwach motywowanych uprzedzeniami. Były jednak i tacy, którzy popierali morderstwo Matthew. Grupy siejące nienawiść pikietowały pogrzeb oraz proces zabójców z plakatami głoszącymi „Bóg nienawidzi pedałów” oraz „Matt w piekle”. Obawiając się, że miejsce pochówku Matthew zostanie zbezczeszczone, jego rodzice skremowali ciało i zachowali urnę. Teraz jednak prochy Matthew Sheparda trafią do krypty w katedrze kościoła episkopalnego w Waszyngtonie, gdzie pochowani zostali m.in. prezydent USA Woodrow Wilson i głuchoniewidoma pisarka, pedagożka i działaczka społeczna, Helen Keller. W Lambda Warszawa pamiętamy o śmierci Matthew. Nasza organizacja, założona na rok przed jego śmiercią, od 21 lat pomaga osobom LGBT+ żyć godnie i bezpiecznie. Dokumentujemy przypadki przemocy i dyskryminacji, szkolimy osoby pracujące z pokrzywdzonymi i przekonujemy rządzących, by traktowali homofobię i transfobię podobnie jak rasizm. Tylko wtedy będzie można skutecznie walczyć z nienawiścią. #lambdawarszawa #matthewshepard #wiaraitecza #LGBT #pride #marszrownosci #gaycommunity #miloscniewyklucza
Post udostępniony przez darius blog (@dariusblog)




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz